As part of YPI Management’s drive to help owners get the most from their yachts, YPI is offering a bespoke Mini ISM Package.
This offer includes:
- Mini ISM System
- 24/7 Designated Person Ashore (DPA)
- 24/7 Maritime Assistance Centre
- 24/7 Satellite Tracking of the yacht (1)
- YPI Management Fleet Circulars and Instructions
- Mini ISM Regular Updates
- Annual audit by qualified ISM auditor
- On-board implementation and crew instruction
Call our YPI Management team: +377 99 99 97 97 or contact us here for more information.
WHAT IS A MINI ISM?
All yachts over 24-metres but under 500 GRT can adopt the Mini ISM Code which is in compliance with the MCA Large yacht code (LY2) and many other yacht registries. As with the ISM Code, YPI Management can assist in setting up all the relevant procedures, and there are many to consider, such as:
- The line of communication with a shore office in preparation for an emergency
- The emergency procedures in case of ‘abandon ship’, collision, fire, grounding, man-over-board, search & rescue and others
- Recording sheets for emergency drills
- Records of maintenance and testing of critical equipment
- Familiarisation and training in use of equipment
- Fuel, oil & garbage management plans
- Guidance for security considerations
- Accident, injury or hazardous occurrence reports
- Review of the full safety system
YPI Management aims to prevent accidents at sea by working with the Owner and Captain to provide clear instructions and documentation on all the issues addressed by the Flag State.
DPA and Compliance Officer
To ensure the safe operation of each yacht and to provide a link between the Crew and the highest levels of management, our DPA (Designated Person Ashore) is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week. The Designated Person Ashore takes ultimate responsibility for the safe operation of the vessel. The Compliance Officer ensures your vessel holds all of the necessary Certificates and operates in accordance with the law.
Annual Audits by Compliance Officer
To ensure all Certificates, documents and correct procedures are in place, the vessel’s Compliance Officer audits the vessel annually. A Report of his findings is discussed with the Captain and advice given. YPI Management is also audited by the Flag State to ensure the correct shore-side procedures are all in place.
24/7 Emergency Response Call Centre
YPI Management’s renowned 24/7 Emergency Call Response Centre ensures that when accidents at sea cannot be avoided, the owners, their guests and crew are helped to leave the vessel as promptly and safely as possible and that the minimum of damage is caused to the yacht. 24-hours a day, 7-days a week, a highly specialised marine team is on call, ready to guide owners and captains through all the relevant emergency procedures covering everything from engine failure to piracy. Every event has been carefully researched and thought through by the YPI team, and plans are always in place to ensure the fastest and most effective action and support no matter where in the world the vessel is.
24/7 Satellite Tracking System
YPI Management offers owners the opportunity to track their vessels all over the world, 24/7, via an internet-based monitoring system. All personnel with the correct password are able to log-on, including our Emergency Response Call Centre, so the vessel’s progress can be monitored wherever she is located. The owner can reach his yacht from any online computer.
An interactive world map provides a range of interactive features, allowing the owner to view the location and history of the vessel. Weather and sea conditions can also be monitored to help improve voyage management, increase fuel savings and improve ETA calculations - it can even highlight and give notification of high risk areas recommended to avoid. YPI Management can advise on all set-up costs for hardware.
*Terms and Conditions:
(1) Tracking contains the subscription only, using the onboard equipment. (Inmarsat C or D, DSAS, SSAS, LRIT etc). The equipment itself is not included.
For more information on all the services provided by YPI Management from Operational and Technical Management to New-build and Refit project management:
Call our YPI Management team on: +377 99 99 97 97 or by email here